Healthy gut friendly recipe!
You may have noticed I talk about the GAPS diet when I refer to healing your gut health problems. The GAPS diet effectively aims to restore your gut health to proper functioning, which eliminates most negative symptoms that people experience related to digestive issues.
There is much to learn about gut health, and if you experience any negative symptoms related to digestion the GAPS diet is certainly something that you should consider.
Below I have included a GAPS friendly recipe that can be used as a substitute to bread or crackers.
If you would like to learn more about the GAPS diet and comprehensive learning on all the recipes and the entire process of the diet then be sure to book yourself in for our GAPS diet Workshop.
Nut Bread Recipe
- 1 cup of diced apples
- 1/2 C Hazel Nuts (dry)
- 1/2 C Pumpkin Seeds (soaked 2 hours)
- 1 C almond meal
- 1/2 C Ground Flax
- 1 C Filtered Water
- Chop apple in food processor. Transfer to bowl.
- Place hazel nuts and pumpkin seeds in food processor, process until well chopped but not too fine.
- Place in bowl with apples. Add almond meal and flax. Stir to combine.
- Add water and stir to combine.
- Spread mixture on dehydrator sheet to the size and height that you desire.
- Dehydrate 5 hour at 55 degrees
- Flip onto mesh screen, and continue to dehydrate until dry 4-6 more hours depending on your dehydrator.
Note: If you don’t have a dehydrator you can follow this same process and then bake in the oven on 180 for approximately 20min (or until slightly brown and crisp).