Cure your hungover fast!
Let’s face it, it is the silly season, at last in Australia and we all let ourselves relax, we drink one or two glasses of wine too much… and we experience a hangover.
Today, I would like to share with you my proven strategies on overcoming hangover rapidly!
- Water is a must to cure a hangover. As you likely know from the frequent trips to the bathroom during a night of debauchery, alcohol is a diuretic and can cause dehydration. Before falling into bed, down 2-3 glasses of water. Have water in between your drinks the night before and have lot’s of water the day after.
- Sleep, there is nothing more healing a hangover than getting your sleep. Try to go out of bed latter than normal, if you can, or plan to go to bed earlier. If you fail to get adequate sleep, all the other tips may be helpful but not so effective.
- Skip this alcoholic drink you thought that will help you to recover from your hangover. Alcohol is a toxin and you can hurt yourself with a new drink. You don’t want to have another hangover the day after right?
- Eat something with saturated fat in it. Yes, eggs and bacon do help. Saturated fat helps to protect your liver cells from the alcohol damage. It is a good idea to eat with your alcohol the night before too. And never drink alcohol on an empty stomach. Having said it, it is also fantastic to have have your vegetable juice and/or smoothie, as the concentrated goodness in this food will speed the liver detoxification and make you feel better quicker.
- Take 1 teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of water every 2 hours – this will help settle a queasy belly by neutralizing stomach acid.
- Go to steam room, sauna or have an EPSOM salt bath. All this will help to draw the toxic load away from your body through the skin, helping you to regenerate and recover!
If you can implement all these techniques, you will cure your hangover faster then ever.
On this note! Happy New Year Everyone!
I wish you and your family a successful and healthy 2016 🙂