Your health depends on the balance of an alkaline environment!
A healthy alkaline balance in your body is created by eating foods such as tomatoes, avocados and green vegetables. Optimally an 80/20 % balance of alkaline to acidic foods should be eaten. Regulating your body’s acid/alkaline chemistry through simple changes in diet can result in weight loss, increased stamina and strength, a stronger immune system and a greater sense of wellbeing.
For more detailed information on alkalising the body and what foods to eat and avoid stay tuned for my video and blog post next week! Also check out our Energise & Alkalise class at Trupp Cooking School.
Today I have a tasty alkaline Baba Ganoush recipe to share. This is a great vegetable dip that can be enjoyed with vegetable sticks such as cucumber, celery and carrot. It can also be used as an alternative to sauces or mustards.
- 1 very large aubergine
- 1-2 cloves of garlic (depending on personal taste)
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 2 Tablespoons of tahini
- 1 handful of parsley
- Himalayan salt and black pepper to taste
- Firstly, give the aubergine a good wash, but leave it completely intact. Now give the skin a prick with a sharp knife in a few places and grill it whole for about half an hour. Turn it every five minutes or so.
- After 30 mins the skin should be blackening and you’ll know its ready because it should be kind of deflating.
- Once it’s done, slice the end off and let it cool a little. Now cut into it and scrape the lovely insides off of the flesh with a spoon and put the flesh into a colander for a few minutes to let it drain out a little.
- Now throw everything into a blender together and blend up until it is smooth!