Blueberry pancakes that are good for your intestinal health!
Try this Gaps Diet friendly recipe; Almond flour pancakes are good for your health in general, but specifically your gut health, as they are grain free.
Read more about GAPS here.
Blueberries are high in antioxidants and low in sugar, and ideal fruit for weight-loss.
Use sour cream to add a touch of probiotic bacteria to boost your immune system function.
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup egg whites
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tablespoon of butter or melted coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Butter, coconut oil or ghee for frying
- 5 teaspoons of sour cream
- Mix all ingredients (except for the banana and 1/2 cup of blueberries and sour cream) in a bowl, stirring thoroughly so that there are no lumps.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, butter or ghee in the pan.
- Use a ladle to spoon the batter into the pan.
- Flip once set and cook on the second side.
Method for Blueberry Topping
- Place banana, sour cream and 1/2 cup of blueberries into a blending device and blend into a puree.
- Add a small amount of water if needed to thin out the puree.
Serve the pancakes with puree on top.