It’s just chicken and vegetables simmered together but it’s so satisfying and healing!
This week I would like to share with you a gelatine rich chicken soup recipe I utilise when undergoing gut healing protocol.
To learn about gelatine and gut health, check out my video post on the subject through this LINK.
I have adjusted the standard chicken soup recipe to ensure you get the most flavour and higher gelatine and calcium value then normal, as you need it right now!
2 large organically grown chickens
4-6 litters of filtered water
2 onions, sliced
3 carrots cut in cubes
3 celery sticks, chopped
1 glove of garlic, peeled
1/2 of leek, sliced
1/2 of Parsley, finally chopped
1/2 stick of lemon grass, finely chopped
1 thumbnail of ginger, finely chopped
1 fresh chilli, chopped
Salt and pepper to season
Apple cider vinegar to taste
- Place 2 whole washed chickens into a large pot and cover them with filtered water.
2. Bring it to the boil and remove the dark protein foam that formed in the first few minutes of boiling your chicken.
3. Lower the heat to minimum and let the chicken boil for 4 hours. Leave the lead off the pot and add water accordingly, as it evaporates.
4. Remove the meat after it has been cooked for 4 hours from the stock and add freshly chopped vegetables.
5. Cook the vegetables in the stock at low heat for 20 minutes.
6. Add salt and pepper to taste.
7. Serve by itself, or with meat, and garnish the chicken soup with fresh parsley and chilli.
8. Add one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar to your soup when taken off the heat, this is to promote better calcium absorption and add the probiotic bacteria into your meal. Try to add the apple cider vinegar each time when you serve the soup. Do not add it directly into the pot.
If you would like to learn more about healing your gut, check out my Gut Healing Workshop HERE. I have just released new dates for 2020.
I am looking forward seeing you in person and sharing with you more in depth information and proven nutritional strategies to optimise your digestion.