Clean green treat.
Here is a tasty raw treat recipe that I think you will love.
It is far more rewarding to make your own treats and of course most importantly – to eat healthy clean treats rather than sugary packaged ones!
I find that pistachio and coconut is a beautiful flavour combination. You could also play around with this recipe and use different nuts or include dried fruits to suit your taste.
To learn how to prepare a vast variety of raw healthy treats, as well as amazingly creative raw savoury dishes, then you must check out our Raw Food Class at Trupp Cooking School: Balance Your Body Effortlessly With Raw Living Foods.
- 1 cup pistachios, ground
- 1 cup dried coconut
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup raw honey (Use stevia or xylitol as a sugar free alternative).
- 1 Tbsp pistachio paste
- Dried blueberries for garnish (optional)
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Shape into balls (I use a tablespoon measure) and place on dehydrator screens.
- Dehydrate at 55 degrees for 6-8 hours or until a crunchy dry texture is achieved.
- Garnish with dried blueberries if desired.