Haemorrhoids are a common condition that over half of all people will develop at some point in their lives.
As this anorectal condition is so common, a self help home treatment may be handy to know about.
Self-help strategies for Haemorrhoids :
1. Increase the intake of high fibre foods, fermented food, and water.
2. Develop good habits on the toilet.
3. Use of key supplements and topical treatments:
- Butcher’s broom can help reduce swelling and inflammation of haemorrhoids.
- Pycnogenol (Pine bark extract) as a oral supplement, or used in a cream, will help to reduce inflammation and is very useful in hemorrhoids treatment.
- Horse Chestnut is an herbal remedy that improves microcirculation and aids healing.
- Probiotics (beneficial bacteria), it has been scientifically proven that probiotics can substantially reduce hemorrhoids development and prevent from flaring up of the piles. Use these alongside all the above supplements to promote healthy gut functions.