Why not make your sweetheart a healthy smoothie for Valentines day!
A healthy smoothie is a thoughtful surprise for someone you love on Valentines day, or any day for that matter.
In the recipe below I have included my recipe for coconut milk kefir.
Like other forms of kefir, coconut milk kefir is a probiotic that is great for your gut health. It also happens to be very creamy and delicious.
So why not make a romantic gesture with a healthy twist!
Coconut Milk Kefir
- 2 Tbsp. milk kefir grains
- 2 cans unsweetened undiluted coconut milk coming from an BPA-free cans
- Place the milk kefir grains into a glass jar or ceramic vessel and cover with coconut milk. Carefully mix together with a non-metal spoon.
- Cover loosely with a muslin cloth and allow the coconut kefir to ferment at warm room temperature for 24 to 48 hours.
- After 24 hours, check the coconut kefir and you can remove the kefir grains as soon as it reaches the desired consistency (which is similar to yogurt). If left too long it will become more sour and very thick; which like the milk kefir produces stronger probiotic strains.
- Coconut kefir stores in the fridge for well than over two weeks and it will get thicker as it cools which makes it a perfectly exotic whipping cream and.
- (note: Coconut milk kefir would contain basically the same probiotic benefits as milk kefir it is just a matter of the nutritional differences in the original liquids).
Raspberry-Coconut Smoothie Recipe
- 1 cup coconut kefir milk
- 1/3 cup of raspberries
- 2 Tablespoons raw organic honey
- 1/2 cup ice
- Add all ingredients in to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve right away in a glass.