Step aside Green Smoothie! Lets get creative!
We all know that vegetable juices and green smoothies are a great way to get the nutritional benefits of eating raw. These are great, but perhaps you are looking for some new ways to enjoy your raw vegetables?
Gazpacho’s blend the taste of vegetables with the flavours of herbs and spices. Originating in Spain, gazpacho soup is a fresh way to get the benefits of consuming raw vegetables in the most flavoursome style!
If you would like to learn an abundance of ways to prepare your raw food, we have a class at Trupp Cooking School that will amaze you with such a broad variety of creations: Balance your body effortlessly with raw living foods.
So here it is! A nutrient rich salad-in-a-soup!
Ingredients for soup
- 1 small cucumber
- 2 ripe red capsicums
- 15 ripe cherry tomatoes (use 3-4 ripe tomatoes as replacement)
- ½ garlic clove peeled
- ½ glass olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- Salt & pepper
Ingredients for garnish
- 1 red capsicum
- ½ cucumber
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ garlic clove, peeled
- Small basil leaves
- Peel the cucumber and chop roughly.
- Cut capsicum in half, remove the core and chop roughly. Remove the core of the tomato’s.
- Place cucumber, capsicum, tomatoes, garlic, and oil into a blender and mix until very fine.
- Season with vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a bowl and chill in fridge for several hours.
- Dice the red capsicum cucumber finely, chop the garlic and mix together.
- To serve place the soup into either a bowl (for a bigger serve) or little glasses (for entrée-style serves) and sprinkle with the garnish. Top with shredded basil leafs and olive oil.