Try these delicious and healthy spiced pumpkin muffins!
As you must know by now; I am very passionate about digestive health.
These muffins are grain free so they are good for your gut health, and they are GAPS diet friendly.
Read more about GAPS here.
Pumpkin is a low calorie vegetable that is high in antioxidants and rich in several vitamins and minerals, so it has many added benefits besides its creamy sweet flavour.
These muffins are also high in protein and make a great breakfast or snack.
If you are interested in learning more about the GAPS diet and digestive health then check out our GAPS Diet Workshop @ truppcookingschool.com
This recipe makes 12 muffins.
- 1/4 cup soft butter, ghee, or coconut oil
- 6 eggs
- 1 inch ginger root, grated finely
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1-1/2 cups cooked pumpkin
- Coconut oil for oiling muffin pan
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees C.
- In a food processor or stand mixer, combine butter, eggs, ginger, coconut flour and salt. Blend well, making sure the coconut flour is well mixed in. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Grease muffin pan with coconut oil. Fill nearly full with batter and bake for 18-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of a muffin comes out clean.