Approximately 20% of the population are diagnosed with IBS. This is a lot!
The good news is that you don’t have to live with IBS! It is easily manageable and a skilled practitioner will help you to over come it!
Whats is it? Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a collection of symptoms such as cramping, abdominal pain, bloating, diarrhoea and constipation. To be diagnoses you must experience these symptoms for at least three months without revolution. When there is the absence of other conditions to explain these symptoms then IBS is normally the culprit.
Being a syndrome and not a disease, there is no pill or conventional treatment that can help you to over come it. So for the 20% of the population who are living with IBS lets look at the potential reasons for IBS and natural treatment options.
What are the potential causes of IBS?
- Parasitic infection
- Gut bacteria imbalances such as; small intestinal bacteria overgrowth that will cause bloating
- Fungus overgrowth
- Leaky gut
- Food intolerances and sensitivities, which result in gut inflammation.
- Lack of digestive enzymes and nutrient deficiencies of zinc and iron
- Bad diet
It is important to identifying the cause and work toward to rectifying it naturally. Untreated gut conditions can lead to the development of autoimmune conditions and food allergies, and they simply make you feel miserable.
Consulting a qualified nutritionist to run additional tests and analysis is the best way to begin to address IBS.
There are 4 key dietary interventions that you can begin to apply right away to help to reduce some of the key symptoms.
4 key dietary interventions:
- Remove all grain products from your diet, especially gluten rich grains for at least 3 months.
- Remove casein and lactose from your diet – both are found in dairy.
- Remove raw foods, cold foods and processed foods from your diet.
- Consume healing foods such as bone broth, chicken stock, cooked onions, garlic, squash, celery, well cooked meats and fish, freshly pressed vegetables juices and fermented foods.
There are also supplements that will be essential, such as digestive enzymes and probiotics. Lifestyle factors are also important to consider.
If you would like to get clean cut strategy to overcome your IBS, please contact me to make an appointment via email@example.com