Bean Salad Recipe
Packed with flavours and textures and satisfying!
This bean salad is delicious served as a side to some freshly cooked protein or as a hearty salad at a BBQ. For a main dish vegetarian option add some chopped up tempeh or even some boiled eggs.
IN a previous post I have outlined the importance of preparing your beans correctly to prevent bloating and digestive discomfort. Learn how to prepare your beans, seeds, grains and nuts HERE.
Now that you know how to prepare your beans you are set to prepare this colourful bean salad.
- 3 cups of whole beans of your choice
- 1 corn cob
- 2 large tomato’s
- 1 purple onion
- 1/2 red capsicum
- Handful of fresh parsley
- Juice of one lemon
- Juice of one lime
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Soak the whole beans as per my instructions on bean preparation in this video HERE.
- Blanch the corn cob in boiling water for 3 minutes, then remove it and use a knife to cut the corn away from the cob
- Chop up the tomato, onion, capsicum and parsley roughly into cubes
- Juice the lemon and the lime
- Mix all of the ingredients into a bowl and add salt and pepper