Raw and delicious!
As you probably know it is important to have as many raw foods in your diet as possible. But this doesn’t mean that you always have to be munching on a carrot or celery stick. This would get boring. You can be very creative with your sweet and savoury raw recipes!
Today I have a savoury raw recipe for you. It is amazing how you can actually replicate many popular dishes into raw meals. Our Raw Food Class at Trupp Cooking School will introduce new and exciting recipes that look and taste amazing!
Stuffed Mushroom Recipe
- 16 large Mushrooms
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup + 2 T Shoyu (divided)
- 1 Cup Pumpkin seeds (soaked for 3+ hours)
- 1 Cup Sunflower seeds (soaked for 3+ hours)
- 1 TSP Water
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1 Shallot
- 1/4 Cup Parsley
- 1 T Thyme
- Pinch Salt & Pepper
- Remove the stems and gills from 2 cups of the mushrooms.
- Combine Shoyu and Olive Oil.
- Place mushrooms and marinade in bowl, coat to combine. Let sit, stiring occasionally for at least 2 hours.
- Finely chop garlic and shallot.
- Place ½ the Mushrooms in food processor. Pulse until they are finely chopped. Put in bowl with garlic and shallots.
- Drain sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds. Process in food processor until a paste consistency is achieved. Add to bowl.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, spoon into drained, marinated mushroom tops.