Keep it simple.
The season is changing and the colder months are coming. Its time to make soups. But don’t just make any old soup. Lets make it healthy and amazing!
Forget all the other Cauliflower Soup recipes. This is the one for you!
This recipe eliminate’s all the unhealthy stuff that people tend to crowd their cauliflower soups with. You don’t need cream to make it creamy! You don’t need potato’s. And you don’t need tins of anything. Raw and natural ingredients are best. The minimal ingredients let the delicious cauliflower flavours shine through!
Cauliflower is an amazing cruciferous vegetable, often overshadowed by its green cousin broccoli. It contains an impressive array of nutrients, including vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and even protein. It is also an alkalising vegetable.
Not only is it nutritious but when it is cooked it oozes with flavour and you will see how it becomes very creamy and satisfying.
- 2 large cauliflower heads
- 1 leek
- 1 clove of garlic crushed
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1L of chicken stock homemade or 3-4 natural chicken stock cubes
- Water to fill only covering half the raw cauliflower in the pot
- Salt & pepper
- In a large pot melt the butter
- Add chopped up leek and garlic to the pot and fry in the butter – stirring constantly
- Once the leek has softened add the cauliflower broken up into big pieces
- Add chicken stock and water (not covering the cauliflower with water – the less water the creamier the soup outcome will be)
- Let boil for approx. 30 min or until cauliflower is soft
- Add cinnamon and salt and pepper
- Remove from the stove and either all at once or in portions but the pot contents into a blender or food processor and blend till creamy
- You could add chicken, parmesan, crispy pancetta or crumbled walnuts – but its up to your personal taste and health requirements
The result should be a deliciously full flavoured, creamy and healthy soup!