Zesty Spring Chicken Salad
Eat healthy now so that the upcoming parties and platters don’t affect your waistline!
Its that time of year where the weather is warming up and so we crave lighter meals. Since the festive season is around the corner its a good idea to eat as healthy as possible in the build up to Xmas and New Year celebrations.
Keeping healthy eating patterns now will also influence you to make healthier choices in the coming months.
I love to make fresh salads for lunch and sometimes for dinner around this time of year. If you need some inspiration for new, fulfilling and healthy salads then be sure to come to our Healthy and Wholesome Salads cooking class @ Trupp Cooking School.
(Serves 2 people)
- 300-500g of chicken grilled
- 3 cups of rocket
- 2 cups of snow pea tendrils
- 1 small cucumber shaved
- 1/2 granny smith apple shaved
- 1/3 cup of walnuts
- 1/4 purple onion thinly sliced
Ingredients for dressing
- Tbsp Flax seed oil
- 1/8 cup of olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 and orange
- Juice of half a lime
- Tbsp of seeded mustard
- Grill the chicken or bake it in the oven on 180 for approx. 15 minutes.
- Let the chicken cool and then chop it up into pieces.
- Mix all of the salad ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add the chicken.
- Mix all of the dressing ingredients together well, with a fork.
- Drizzled the dressing over the salad.
- Option to crumble some shaved parmesan if desired.